Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 4: Monday

MONDAY:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I got some stuff from Dollar Tree for a green sensory experience. I've seen other ideas like this all over the web, and Spit&Sparkles was featured on Carisa's Tot School gathering place with just such an activity.


She's blinking in this one but she really liked those little gift bows.




She actually got bored with this quickly so I pulled out a paint holder thingy (that probably has an actual name) that I recently found at Meijer (30% off their craft supplies this month, so it only cost me $0.69!) and we tried transferring the new sparkly pompoms with it.

For a while she had fun just watching me do it, this is her handing the tongs back to me.


This was fun, but then she really wanted to get all of the pompoms out. She dumped all of them onto the paint holder thing (whose real name I still don't know though I tried to Google it).

After taking a break for a while she came back to green tray. She took everything out of it then sorted out some of the three leaf clovers.


After lunch, we made garland out of the clovers (using a hole punch and some butcher's twine). I tried to get Scout to thread the twine through the holes, but she didn't want to. Instead she liked holding the hole punch and pretending to punch holes in things around the room.



Vocabulary:
  • green
  • three leave clover
  • sparkly
  • soft/fluffy
  • smooth/scratchy (describing the clovers and bows)
  • shiny
Skills:
  • transferring/sorting
  • textures
  • using tongs
  • fine motor skills 
We did a leprechaun activity over the weekend but I'll post that later. I also have more green games for the rest of the week. Thanks :)

-Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment